Sunday, February 5, 2012

Another Year Under the Belt

Last weekend I spent some quality time with my family to celebrate my birthday.  Just like every other visit we ate lots of delicious food.  We like to try different Columbus restaurants every time my family comes into town and this time we decided to try G. Michael's Bistro in German Village.  I lived in German Village for a year a little bit ago but never had the chance eat at this fine restaurant.  They say they focus on local, seasonal food and I like that.  For appetizers we ordered the Shrimp and Grits, Oyster Gratin, and the Crab Cake.  Soooo good!

Shrimp and Grits



Oyster Gratin


Crab Cake


For our main entrees mom ordered the Seared Jumbo Scallops and Smoked Brisket, dad ordered the bone in rib eye special, Kris ordered the Devilled Crab Stuffed Mahi-mahi, Mike ordered the Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Nadya ordered the Almond Crusted Trout, and I ordered the walleye special.  I really enjoyed the combination of the scallops with the brisket, the medium-rare rib eye with all of its glazes and seasonings was mouth watering, the mahi-mahi with mashed potatoes and honey tabasco cream was tasty, the pork tenderloin was yummy, and the almond crusted trout with the cranberry compote and wild rice was amazing.  Everything was super delicious with the exception of my walleye special, which unfortunately was just so so.  The fish itself was really good and cooked nicely, but the ingredients just didn't go well together and didn't satisfy my taste buds.  Overall, a very delicious birthday dinner.


Bone-in Rib Eye Special

Devilled Crab Stuffed Mahi-mahi

Almond Crusted Trout


Delicious...All gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment