Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Final Push Before Some Time Off

So this was our last weekend at the Red before we took two weekends off to go on a family vacation.  We were both finally beginning to build up our power endurance but we were kind of sad that we would have to take some time off during what would probably have been the period of our peak performance.  But that's okay.  Family time is always the best and I can never complain about going to Hawaii.  We will just have to make this weekend a good one.

On Saturday we found ourselves at the Motherlode again.  Nadya started working on Rocket Dog after her ascent of Ale-8-One and I decided that I should hop on 40 Ounces of Justice while I still had fitness for the cave.  The conditions were not as ideal, but it still turned out to be a good day.  Nadya managed to burl her way through the manky slopers of Rocket Dog and sent the rig by the end of the day.  It was a cool sight watching the send as she almost peeled off at the top of the route but stayed focused and dug deep to finish it.  I had a good day as well as I onsighted my first 13 with 40 Ounces of Justice.

More success on Sunday as Jeremiah (I mean Tony Horton) and I both made quick work of Calm Like a Bomb at The Gallery.

We ended the day at The Chocolate Factory hoping to get on Malice, but it was baking in the sun.  Instead I got a taste of Cat's Demise and both Nadya and I finally got on one of Bentley's routes (the one that starts in the crack).  Both of which were awesome.  I think we will have to revisit this crag during the nice fall conditions.

Jeremiah making it look easy



No comments:

Post a Comment