Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I like pans, I like cake, I like Gnutella...

My family had our annual Easter Brunch in Cincinnati this past Sunday.  As always, it was delicious and fun times were had at the kids' side of the table.  Yes, us 20 something year old cousins are still kids at heart.  Actually, I think we all agreed during brunch that we all peaked around the 4th grade and our intelligence has slowly declined since then.

Anyway, for whatever reason (I think my cousin Mark asked me how Columbus has been since he left..) Katalina's Cafe Corner and their Gnutella filled Swedish pancake balls were brought up and the following conversation actually took place:

Mark:  I like pans, I like cakes, I like Gnutella.  Perfect.  (Pause as we all take a bite from our plates)

Me:  Ummm...Do...You...Like...Balls?

Mwahahahahah.  I think we all blew up in laughter.  You're probably thinking, "Really?  What's so funny about that?"  It probably sounds pretty dumb as you are only reading this, but it was really hilarious.  Us cousins have this unique connection when it comes to humor and every time we are together we have some hysterical moment.

Well, the talk of pancake balls reminded me of a recent trip Nadya and I took to Katalina's Cafe Corner for breakfast.  So far everything we have had from this small cafe has been excellent.  It's one of our favorite cafes in Columbus.  Feast your eyes below.  Balls included.


Swedish pancake balls filled with Gnutella

Breakfast burrito


No comments:

Post a Comment